Fade to black...almost a lost treasure!

You ever have one of those days when you are about to do something and suddenly you have a moment of hesitation and you stop just in time?  Today was one of those days for me.  I have had problems with my computer accepting the photos from my phone and for some strange reason today when I plugged my phone into the computer to charge it, the message appeared to actually import the photos and videos.  Golly Miss Molly I was right on that and had to import one hundred and seventy four items that I until now was unable to get my computer to cooperate and do.  I have reverted back to using my old camera to actually capture those "Kodak Moments".  So as I was going through the photos quickly I saw a video clip that appeared to be black.  I figured that this must be just some junk and hit the delete button to erase it.  Something made me hesitate so when it asked if I wanted to delete it for sure, I decided to cancel it and open the video clip just in case I was missing something that I would regret.  Oh yeah....I would have really regretted deleting this precious item.  It was a small video clip that my sister took when she had put the phone on reverse and was actually letting Mark see himself on the phone for the first time.  We were camping two summers ago and I cannot explain why the video was so dark...it is however priceless.  Mark is singing a song that his Daddy taught him and it made me laugh till I cried.  He seemed so small at the time.  I called Daddy at work and let him listen to it on the phone.  He was thrilled as he has had more bad news in regard to the health of his siblings.  A little bright moment in an otherwise dark day.  So enjoy our precious son...flashback two years ago without the flash!  If anyone knows how to lighten this up I would love to hear about how to do it.  Thank God it was not lost!

A few moments later we were able to capture the summer obsession that he had way back then.  He was smitten with his Fisher Price family and he carried the Mother and the Father everywhere.  The Father was so worn that the leg had to be held on by a tiny screw that we had to constantly tighten and the paint was coming off the face.  The resulting bit of video had Aunt Edwina and I laughing till we were crying and holding our painful sides.  It was like a really weird psycho horror film.  Funny how these things can still make you laugh two years later. 
Some things cannot be explained and I guess with the long winter, the hard days and evenings of chores and the concerning news in regard to the health of several family members, this was my bright moment.  We are so blessed with our beautiful children, our good health and the love that surrounds us.  Perhaps this will be a "pick me up" for some others who follow the blog.  Stay warm and hug those close to you.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment