Good-by Billie Whiz Eternal June 1991-Dec 15, 2012

There is never a good day to say good-by to an old friend....but today is the day we decided to let our faithful Billie go to horse heaven.  This is where I am sure she is, as she so deserves to be there.  She is now rambling around in the rainbow medow fields enjoying her pain free peace.  Arthritis had ravaged her beautiful body and each day was harder and harder to get up and get going.  Billie was born into Doug's family in June 1991 and passed in peace, still with our family twenty-one years later.  She was a wonderful friend and servant and will be dearly missed by all who knew her.  She was the best cow horse that I know and was responsible for saving my herd of cattle when they were landlocked on a flooded island.  She never refused a job and taught many children how to love and ride horses. How many times did I feel your soft muzzel searching for treats?  Today dearest we could let you go, knowing that your time had come.  Tears will flow this day but in the end we will know that when the time came we "did not pass the reins to a stranger".  You died in your master's arms...the same ones you were born into.  You were loved every day of your life and you will still be loved even though you are gone.  Rest in peace at the edge of the woods.  We will not forget you.

3 COMMENTS:

Heather Attwood said...

So sorry for your loss. Hugs your way.

Anonymous said...

Billie was always my baby... I remember my excitement as a 11 year old girl running to the barn as dad called me saying it was time. I remember my pride in knowing I had a horse of my very own. I looked at her and saw a beautiful horse with with a lot of hair under her chin. She looked lie a billy goat but since she was a girl the name Billie came to be.

I was the first to climb on her back, I was the first to place a saddle on her. And she was the first horse to send me to a hospital. Lol. She decided to kick me as I chased her back in into the field one day as she tried to escape. (Thanks Tyler)

I remember crying when we moved from our family farm as I was not ready to part with my dear friend. So she went to live in London to be with family. I remember her being sick and her going to the vet and dad telling me it was my horse and I chose to keep her so her vet bill was my responsibility. That vet bill I never saw as my dad paid for it in the end, but Billie taught me about responsibility.

She was a dear friend who I was so proud to watch my own children climb on her back years later in my life. I can't thank Audrey and my dad enough for always ensuring she remained our family horse and for taking care of her and being there for her in her time of need.

RIP dear Billie you will be missed but never forgotten.

Anonymous said...

Love Kim xox

Post a Comment

Leave a comment