Hands up or I'll shoot you Mom!

Ok I'll admit that sometimes things get a bit rough between a Mother and daughter, but does it need to come to this?  We have had a run of shooting and lazar blasting around here.  Mostly this started with Mark having taken a real shine to a Buzz Lightyear movie.  He has been fighting the evil Zurg for some time and I guess that it has rubbed off on his sister.  Mother has had to give in and let them play out their fighting "evil" efforts, despite my natural aversion to guns.  Now many folks will not let their children play with guns or even entertain the idea that they have any place in society at all.  I in fact do not share this belief.  Guns have their place in shooting sport, hunting, law enforcement and the armed forces where of course they are appropriate.  I for one am happy that my children are not playing Grand theft auto or any other such nonsense.  In the end I believe that they are just kids having fun and am happy that they have chosen to be on this side of the law.  Mark has declared that he wants to be a "space ranger" when he grows up.  This has caused him some angst because up to this point he wanted to be a "father".  He says that space rangers cannot be fathers because they have to be away so much.  My efforts have been in trying to get them to negotiate taking prisoners so that they can proceed to a fair trial.  I ask that they do not point the gun at anyone directly and that they only shoot to defend themselves.  Some days it is the best you can do in your efforts to teach Law and Order 101.  A good lesson for everyone in law enforcement at any age.  In the mean time I have to try to get Marissa to stop threatening to shoot me.  I think she is tired of my toilet training efforts that have crept up yet again.  Seems the daycare fun has resulted in her not taking the time to do the job where it needs to be done.  So far my efforts of reminding her have been met with stubborn resistance.  I may have to pick up the gun myself and use it to march her to the loo.  Either that or shoot myself in the head ;)  She starts school in September and they will not take kindly to dirty pull-ups.  We only have three months for her to take this seriously!  No wonder Mothers go grey...ready, aim, fire!  One of us is going down.


2 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

Have her go bottomless and lug around the potty. Its what worked for EB. A few times with pee running down her leg and she was sold!

Danny said...

Haha love it, you guys and this blog! Miss you all! ~nephew Daniel

Post a Comment

Leave a comment