I'm swinging in the rain....oh I'm swinging in the rain...I'm so haaapppy!



Some days the park just isn't what you hoped it would be.  I had to share these photos of the Elgin Foster Family picnic.  Unfortunately the day was not as hoped.  We suffered a torrential downpour which only lasted for about the first hour but alas it was the first hour that Mark wanted to go on the swings!  He was not going to wait so Daddy had the good sense to take some umbrellas along and they were pretty handy at keeping these boys dry.  Mark was able to place his between the chains of the swing and it stayed in place as Daddy pushed him from the sidelines.  Momma had the good sense to stay under the pavilion at Waterworks Park in St. Thomas.  I just love coming here as it holds so many memories of my childhood when we used to walk all the way down Hydro Road from St. George Street, cross the creek and spend the day in the park all by ourselves.  I cannot believe that we did that as kids...the times were so much different then.  I would never let Mark come to the park alone, let alone walk for miles down a country road to get there!  Oh well, the day did dry up and we had more fun riding on the rest of the park playground equipment.  Hopefully next year will be better.  We did meet some nice families, played with the other children and had lots of good food.  See y'all next year!

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment