In the summer time when the weather is fine, you can reach right up and touch the sky! (Mongo Jerry)









The first week of August was Momma and Mark's holiday camping trip.  Daddy brought the trailer to Port Burwell and we were able to stay for ten days having a holiday with Aunt Edy, Uncle Bert and Aunchedwina (Aunt Edwina from New York).  It is so funny to hear him call his Aunt Edwina as it comes out all in one word not like how he clearly says Aunt Edy.  We were able to camp right beside the VanHarn trailer so we could share meals and cook all in one campfire.  Well actually Uncle Bert is the campfire cooker as Aunt Edwina and I were happy to cook on the stove in the trailer.  The weather was great but we did have a few nights of rain that made me feel a bit sorry for the campers in tents.  We were snug as bugs in a rug.  Gotta love the trailer camping.  Mark made a new little friend named Holly and they were able to spend a day on the beach together.  Momma managed to get bitten by sand fleas that made the itching a bit of an almighty trial but hey it is camping and you have to put up with some discomfort.  I was expecting mosquito bites, at least that is what I remember from my camping thirty-five years ago but these little friggers can make you pretty darn unhappy.  Seems all the lotion and steroid cream in the world did not work for relief...just takes time.  A week back at work still had me clawing at them like a crazy woman.  All is well now and we are just happy to be looking at the pictures without any itching!  We had such a wonderful time and hopefully Auntchedwina will be able to join us again.  Such a wonderful time for sisters who have not spent that much time together since we all left home.  Next year hopefully the sand fleas will find someone else to pester.

1 COMMENTS:

Aunt Edwina said...

Mark, we did have a lot of fun camping. I especially enjoyed playing with your Fisherprice family with you. Good thing Uncle Bert had tools with him to fix your "father's" leg, as it kept falling off.
You had some pretty strong reactions to the few mosquito bites you got, but thankfully you were spared the sand flea bites since you were in the wagon along that stretch of the beach. I don't think I had as many bites since I was closer to the water. I didn't scratch mine either, so that helped.
It was so nice to see you grow more comfortable playing at the park and with your second cousins. We did have a fun water fight, and I think you and Ava won!
I hope we can enjoy camping together again next year!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment