Morning rituals!



Mark and Mommy have set up quite the morning ritual.  Every morning I take Mark to the bathroom after I get him up, sit in the rocking chair for five minutes and then change him into his clothing for the day.  Once that is done we head into the bathroom for the hair combing, teeth brushing and face washing.  Some mornings are better than others depending on how tired he is.  One thing that is an absolute is every morning Momma asks "Where is my handsome man?".  At that time Mark will stand up and look in the mirror.  We have three mirrors in the bathroom (not counting the hand mirrors), two in the hallway upstairs, one on the stair landing, one in the china cabinet and two in the kitchen.  Not a morning goes by that we must stop at each one so Mark can see himself and Momma can gasp and exclaim....."There he is....my handsome man'!  One dares not stray from the pattern.  Mark is quite fond of this little ritual and Momma is happy to oblige.  So many treasured memories that I try to capture here.  One day I will be able to read all of these little snippits of our past and sigh. You have given me so much happiness my handsome little man!

1 COMMENTS:

Tyler said...

I say the same thing to myself every time I walk past the mirror. lol

Post a Comment

Leave a comment