A photo that I am most proud of...in honour of my Mom!

 Every once in a while you do something totally unpredictable.  I am just a point and shoot, auto camera kind of gal, however a trip to a mini zoo with the grand-kids several years ago offered the opportunity to capture some swan photos.  The above photo is the result of my effort that day.  The lower photo was the actual scene and somehow I was able to zoom in and get the top photo as a result.  It is completely natural with no editing.  Since my mother was a lover of swans it is a tribute to her memory and all of the past Christmas celebrations that she orchestrated for our family.  I love the serenity of the swan's pose. This majestic bird did not seem to even notice my presence.  Was she sleeping?  Was she thinking?  I am pretty sure she was aware of my presence but did not care.  What a joy in this day and age that we can take as many photos as we want and use the computer to display them.  I remember well the day and age when you had to drop off the 35mm film and wait a week to see what you had captured.  We thought one hour developing was an industry breakthrough.   
I cannot see swans and not think of the pure joy that they brought to my Mother.  So here's to you Mom may you always be surrounded by these royal birds and enjoy the peace that they bring.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment