This Land IS My Land...from Bonavista to Vancouver Island...you are my Mommey after all...it was meant to be!



Mark is doing his best to make Momma happy these days.  Today he gave me a big hug and told me "Seems you are my Mommy after all".  He has learned that it is better to be a family than not.  He has been especially cuddly and wanting to sit with me and snuggle.  How quickly they learn that life is better when you are feeling good about yourself and those around you.  I am especially happy that Mark felt safe enough in our relationship to let all of his angst and distress bubble to the surface.  We have talked about how hard it is to be "little" and sometimes it feels like everyone is telling you what to do.  He accepts that his job is to go to school, while Mommy and Daddy go to work to support the family so we can pay for things.  So here is his Sr Kindergarten photo.  This sweater was hand knitted in a little shop in Nanchang China.  The shop caught my eye while walking along the backstreets.  Since my Mother had also been an avid knitter, I knew that many hours of love and labour had created this colourful work of art!  Through the interpreter, I was able to explain to the shop owner that my mother was now gone but that she had also been a knitter and that I wanted this sweater for our very special son.  She was thrilled as she said that it had taken hours to make and that she had priced it above all the others in the shop.  This little wise old soul gave me a big hug and when she packaged up the sweater she put in a small pair of baby booties, followed with a wink!  Did she know there would be another child in my future?  My Mother had knitted me a small pair of baby booties many years ago that have been sitting on my bedroom dresser for over thirty years.  So, to honour these two beautiful knitters, here is the sweater and the two sets of baby booties that were given to me.  Seems ironic that I should have gotten gifts of baby booties from two wise old women on opposite sides of the earth.  To me, there are no such things as coincidences.  BELIEVE! (Phillipians 4:6)

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment