Markie is five today...he's bigger in every way!

Today our precious son is five!  I cannot believe that he has grown so quickly.  He is one special little man.  As I write this I cannot help but have a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.  How can you ever appreciate how much joy this little guy has added to our lives.  I still remember singing his very own lullaby..."I love my little Markie, he's my only son.  I love my little Markie, he is the one.  He made me a Mother.  He made me a Mom.  I love my little Markie he's my precious son!"  Happy birthday son.  As you run around excitedly proclaiming that you are five today...I will remember the tiny little waif from Shangrao who clung to me so desperately in the hotel lobby in Nanchang China!  I love you Mark...you are my only son and I am your Mom.  Amen!!!


 
 
Mark actually got to celebrate twice this year. The yellow and pink cake was on the actual day of August 29th as Mark specifically asked for a pink cake!  The Franklin cake was Momma's special request to the Wal Mart bakery as it is not one of the cakes that they offer.  I had to download a colouring picture from the internet, colour it and then bring it to the cake decorator to free-hand put the decoration on the cake!  Very generous of her.  We had the Franklin cake at our family gathering in Toronto where we spent the day with his brother Tyler, celebrating both birthdays.  Just FYI, I am looking for the 3 inch PVC characters of Franklin, specifically the one of the "Green Knight".  Another collection that Mark is into right now.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment