It's Pickle Time!

Mark has decided that pickeling seems like fun. so far he has helped me wash the little cucumbers and is very interested in the smell. He has not acquired a taste for them yet but I am hoping that he will be more interested seeing how he has helped :) this effort along. Momma broke down under pressure from his Dad, older sister and his brother and gave in. I dragged out the old Mason jars....so here we go. So far there are thirty-three, two quart jars of dills, twenty one, two quart jars of bread and butters and not yet done the sweet green ones but looks like maybe fifteen jars of those. Dad wants me to do some green relish and Momma always likes the home made corn relish. Mummm smells good around here! Home made pickles for Christmas. Well maybe we will try a jar at Thanksgiving but I think that will be too soon. We will see what they look like.

1 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Yay so excited. I hope my name goes on some of those dill jars!!! No pressure. Lol

Love ya
Kim (the older sister who applied the pressure lol)

Post a Comment

Leave a comment