Tragic loss: Rest in Peace Aleiah May 19, 1990-April 12, 2012


Some days you cannot comprehend the depth of gut wrenching grief. Doug came in to tell me that Aleiah, my Arabian mare had died through the night. It would appear that she got cast up in the feeder and was unable to get her legs out from under it. It is so hard trying to stay functional when you have so many things to do and try to smile at Mark and not let him get too upset with your tears. He is so sweet and comes to me rubbing my leg and playing quietly...it is as if he knows that Mommy is sad and he is trying to be very good. Aleiah would have been twenty-two on May 19th. She was taking medication for allergies but other than that she was in fine form. This photo of her and her brother Saylor was taken by Tyler at Easter, just a few days ago. Aleiah has the halter on so Dad could give her her medication. Rest in peace my dear friend.....you will be so missed by us all. I can still feel your soft nose blowing into my neck. A true forever friend and I am sorry that Mark will only know you from the pictures and the stories I will tell him. Run with the wind my heart goes with you!

3 COMMENTS:

Heather Attwood said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know what your animals mean to you. As for Mr Mark, I would expect nothing less. He is a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

So sad. Tears.

Kim

Tyler said...

So sorry about Aleiah. Sailor must be missing her very much as well. They were both so calm watching the kids find Easter eggs in the barn. She was very loved.

Post a Comment

Leave a comment