Bedtime memories


Tonight son I have realized that I have not posted a blog about bedtime. Our routine is to take you up to bed with your bottle and while I rock you to sleep I sing "Shim, shimmerie, shim, shimmerie, shim shim sharie. A boy is as lucky as lucky can be. Shim, shimmerie, shim, shimmerie, shim shim sharoo. A girl should be as lucky as lucky as you! So blow me a kiss, so I'm lucky too!" If I have sung this once, I have sung it a million times! You seem to like it and it usually ends with you fast asleep. You are such a wonder to hold. Your eye lashes are so long and curl up gently towards your brows. Your little nose is so perfect and your lips are kissable sweet. Some day you will belong to another woman who will also see what I see and I pray that she and I will smile at each other and share the love of watching you sleep. Thank goodness there will be many more nights for me to enjoy watching you before that time comes! Your favorite music box on the crib plays "Waltzing Matilda". You love the beat of it and point to it and want me to bounce you up and down while it plays. One has not lived until you are suddenly woken up from a deep sleep at 3:30 a.m. to a very loud rendition of that old Auzzie folk tune! Sleep tight my little son. I will capture these memories so that I do not forget. Many things I will not be able to tell you but I will capture what I can here on the blog. You are so precious to your Dad and Mom!

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment